Monday, September 5, 2011

Computer Repair in 6 Easy Steps

By: John Schofield

Can anyone perform basic computer repair? Well, if you are talking about repairing your own PC for simple issues then the answer is Yes. It may seem quite intimidating at first but it really isn't. Sending your computer to a technician to have it fixed will easily cause you a couple hundred dollars, which wouldn't make sense if you knew how to do it yourself. This article will provide you with some easy guidelines that will fix common issues that computers often encounter.

Now, you might hesitate to try it out thinking that you know very little about computers. The good news is that you don't need to be an expert to do this. With enough common sense and the willingness to learn, you can do it. I guarantee you, learning the process will take only a few minutes of your time and very little effort on your part.

The first thing you should know about computer repair is that the steps are basically the same. Regardless if it is a DIY repair or one done by a computer technician, you will undergo the same fundamental procedures. There may be newer and better techniques being created by computer gurus out there but these are for more advanced issues, and not really applicable for the basic ones. So there is no need to waste time on those. Remember that about 90% of computer issues are the most basic ones, and you will hardly- if at all, encounter the other 10%.

Below is a 6-step process to fix common computer issues. Are you ready? Let's begin.

Step 1: Go to the Start menu, and click on Run. A small black window would then pop up.

Step 2: In the black window (Run), type 'msconfig' and hit Enter.

Step 3: You will get another window, and when you see it, go to the 'Start Up' tab.

Step 4: Once you are in the Start Up tab, click on 'Disable All.

Step 5: Thereafter, click on the 'Apply' button. You can find this button right below the 'Disable All' button.

Step 6: Close the window. You will then get another pop up. When you have this window, click on 'Restart Now.

We're done! These 6 steps are all you need to do to resolve most of the issues your computer is experiencing. If you notice, even a 12-year-old could follow these steps without any problem. It is really that easy and you do not need to be an expert to do this. Imagine how much you have saved with this simple DIY computer repair guide. Some shops charge you so much just to do these steps!

There are of course other computer repair guides you can follow, and many of these can be obtained from the Internet. You can simply go through them one by one, and learn them little by little until you have mastered them all. But for now, if you are experiencing slowness in your computer or if freezes every now and then, the 6-step process shown above would be all you need to do to fix the problem.