by: Abolaji timothy oluwaseye
The Microsoft Security Compliance Manager provides centralized security baseline management features, a baseline portfolio, customization capabilities, and security baseline export flexibility to accelerate your organization’s ability to efficiently manage the security and compliance process for the most widely used Microsoft technologies.
Key Features & Benefits
• Centralized Management and Baseline Portfolio: The centralized management console of the Security Compliance Manager provides you with a unified, end-to-end user experience to plan, customize, and export security baselines. The tool gives you full access to a complete portfolio of recommended baselines for Windows® client and server operating systems, and Microsoft applications. The Security Compliance Manager also enables you to quickly update the latest Microsoft baseline releases and take advantage of baseline version control.
• Security Baseline Customization: Customizing, comparing, merging, and reviewing your baselines just got easier. Now you can use the new customization capabilities of the Security Compliance Manager to duplicate any of the recommended baselines from Microsoft—for Windows client and server operating systems, and Microsoft applications—and quickly modify security settings to meet the standards of your organization’s environment.
• Multiple Export Capabilities: Export baselines in formats like XLS, Group Policy objects (GPOs), Desired Configuration Management (DCM) packs, or Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) to enable automation of deployment and monitoring baseline compliance.
• Security baselines for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Hyper-V, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, BitLocker Drive Encryption, Windows Internet Explorer 8, Microsoft Office 2010, and Microsoft Office 2007 SP2
• Setting packs for Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8
• Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows Vista Service Pack 2
• This toolkit is intended to work with System Center Configuration Manager 2007 and the desired configuration management (DCM) feature.
• Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats (available as a free download) can be used to open, edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations in the file formats new to Microsoft Office 2007.
• Microsoft Word or Microsoft Word Viewer (available as a free download) can be used to view Word documents.
The Security Compliance Manager Getting Started Guide is available on microsoft official website. Download this short guide to quickly set up and customize the Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool. The guide also includes brief instructions on using the SCM tool to deploy and monitor security baselines for the latest server and client operating systems from Microsoft.